Yes I realize that it's February and I'm posting about Christmas, but I'm proud I'm posting a blog at all. I figure better late than never, right?

This Christmas we drove to Louisville, KY to spend the holidays with my parents. My sister and brother came and we have a "good ole fashioned family Christmas" as Clark W. Griswold would put it. It is always nice to spend time as a family since we don't get that opportunity very often with my parents in KY, brother in OR and sister and I in VA. One big change this year....it was Gluten Free! (Mom was diagnosed with
Celiac Disease in the fall.

Macy and Laney get more and more excited about Christmas the older they get and it's so neat to be able to see that as a parent and remember my excited as a child.

I found it a big challenge to teach Macy about the true meaning of Christmas when all she sees and hears about everywhere else is Santa.
Laney got the
privilege and meeting the real Uncle Mike. For a year now she thought Uncle Mike was a stuffed Monkey she sleeps with
every night. She was a little confused at first but now she understands that Uncle Mike is real. I think she holds him on a
pedestal now. Genius on Mike's part, if only he could say he did it on purpose.Macy really enjoyed sitting on
Wenwei's lap and having
Wenwei read her a story.

Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree was her favorite.
Of course we did our normal tradition of playing games, on a smaller scale this year. We had to split up since the family has grown, Lori, Ben, Mike and Wenwei stayed in a hotel close by and Jason and I and all the kids stayed at the house with Mom and Dad. It was crazy....but fun as always. My vote for next time...6 bedroom cabin in the woods! Start looking mom and dad.
3 comments:
Nice blog with nice picture of cutie enjoying the Christmas celebration. It was nice going through your blog. Ihampers.co.uk
I don't think it matters how often you post. I hardly ever post either. Sounds like Christmas was fun. Cute dresses.
Love the matching dresses, matching PJs, etc! I think Grandma must have fun with this!
Post a Comment